East Northport Middle School
Monday, September 21, 2020
• Gold and Turquoise Cohorts will be reporting to school.
• Blue and Remote Cohorts will be logging in remotely.
• Blue and Turquoise Cohorts will be receiving the health screening ONLY on Mondays.
• Gold Cohorts will be receiving the health screening ONLY on Tuesdays.
• Picture Day has been postponed.
• ENMS Open House on Wednesday, September 16th has been postponed.
There will be more information on new dates when they become available. Thank you.
PATRIOT’S DAY SERVICE FORM
Just a reminder. On our web page is the Patriot’s Day Service form.
We invite you to voluntarily perform an act of service or kindness for a member or members of our community, family, or school.
Take the form and reflect upon it. How can you best demonstrate kindness and concern for others?
If you decide to participate, describe your service and return the form to the Counseling Center on or before November 10th.During the week of November 12th, after Veterans Day, we will recognize all who participated with Patriot’s Day Certificates. Thank you for your service.
Please return all Library books that you have at home to the ENMS Library. They can be from your elementary library as well. Thank you so much!
From Mrs. Albanese, your ENMS librarian
For students arriving at school for the 8:34am opening, please adhere to the following procedures:
When dropping off your child, please do not drop off or block the entrance to the bus circle.
• If you are dropping off a sixth grader, please enter the east parking lot and drop him/her off along the western curb. This is a safe spot for him/her to exit the car and report to the sixth grade door located in the southeast, rear corner of the building via the sidewalk.
• If you are dropping off a seventh grader, allow your child to exit only along the north side of Fifth Avenue and utilize the crosswalks to the seventh grade front doors near the gym. In that area students may use crosswalks to safely access the building and should wait by the main doors near the gymnasium door.
• If you are dropping off an eighth grader, allow your child to exit your auto only on the north side of Fifth Avenue. In that area students may use crosswalks to safely access the building and should wait by the main doors near the auditorium.
• Please do not drop your child off in the west parking lot; it is reserved for staff use.
Dismissal will be staggered by category:
Walkers dismissed at 3:08 pm.
Students being picked up dismissed at 3:10 pm.
Bussers dismissed at 3:12 pm (normal end of the day)
Please consider sending your child to school with a water bottle and sweatshirt.
Please check our school website for Back to School information. The link is http://web.northport.k12.ny.us/schools/east_northport_middle_school
You can then follow the “Quick Links” to our “Daily Announcements”. This will especially be true on days with inclement weather.