skip to main content

Dickinson Avenue Elementary School

Home and Fun Links

The following links are provided to support extra-academic and -curricular topics.

Ongoing monitoring and supervision of children’s Web- and Internet-browsing is the most effective way to ensure our children’s safe Internet surfing! Parents should ALWAYS preview any websites prior to allowing children to browse at home.

For Students


For Teachers


For Parents


For Internet Safety


For Clip Art


1.         Child Safety and the Internet Suffolk County Police Department Computer Crimes Section. 631-852-6277. Cyber Tipline: 800-843-5678.

2.          BoxTops for Education Online coupons and promotions, fun activities and ideas in the Activity Center.

3.         Long Island Advocates, Inc. Advocacy and legal assistance for disability-related issues. Training on disability-related topics. Call Executive Director Alyse Middendorf, at 516-735-5466.

4.         Long Island Advocacy Center Educational advocacy for non-disabled, at-risk students and those with mental health issues. Call 516-248-2222.

5.         Long Island Center for Independent Living Counseling, advocacy, referrals, equipment loans, housing information, social security help, and more. Call 516-796-0144.

6.         Suffolk Independent Living Organization Civil rights information and referral, legal assistance, children's services, independent living skills, and more. Call 631-880-7929.

7.         Parent to Parent of Long Island Support network offering encouragement and practical advice via support family whose child has a similar disability. Call 631-493-1716 or 800-559-1729.

8.         Special Ed Moms For instruction on special education law and effective advocacy strategies, visit

9.         Feel Better Kids This organization helps children on Long Island who need financial assistance with medical care. Contact them at 1-866-257-KIDS (phone), or (website).

10.    Register with OMRDD If you have a child with a disability, you can register your child with the New York State Office of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities (OMRDD) to receive educational, behavioral, and other resource information. Call 631-434-6100

11.    New York Access Pass to New York State Parks This pass will gain you free vehicle access to state parks and historic sites, as well as discounts on recreational activities. Call New York State Parks at 518-474-2324 for an application.

12.    Weather Related Closings – Closing and delay notices for participating organizations

The Dignity for All Students Act