Request for Transportation to Non-Public Schools
As required by New York State Law, the District provides transportation to the the private schools within the district (i.e. Trinity Regional School and the School House) comparable to transportation to District schools, and to District residents who attend non-public schools outside the district.
To request transportation to non-public schools, please complete THIS FORM. Requests for non-public transportation must be submitted by April 1st the prior school year, and a new form must be completed each year.
Some important information regarding transportation to non-public (parochial and private) schools is:
- Please be aware that you must register with the district even if your child is attending a private or parochial school. Information about student registration can be found by CLICKING HERE.
- Many families have concerns regarding the length of time that students are in transit to their private or parochial schools. Given local traffic patterns and that students attending these schools live throughout the district, it is not uncommon for bus routes to range between 1.25 hours to 1.5 hours long.
- Families who move into the district from a different district have 30 days from their relocation to request transportation.
- In the event you do not request transportation by April 1, Part B of the application must be completed by the parent/guardian providing a reasonable explanation for the delay as required by Chapter 3635 of the Education Law as amended. Chapter 3635 requires transportation be provided if there is a reasonable explanation for the delayed request, provided sufficient funds are available in the school district budget.
- To qualify for transportation, the school must be no further than 15 miles from the student’s home.
- Late buses are provided for students in 6th through 12th grade on an as needed basis. If a late bus is needed please contact Transportation by 10 a.m. that day to arrange for a late bus for your student. You must request a late bus each day that one is needed.